Join us for our Elevated Tasting Experience! Reserve your spot here.
ADD TO CART
Back by popular demand, this light red is full of pomegranate, raspberry pop, cranberry, nutmeg, and sage. The palate is smooth with notes of cinnamon, cherry, and
strawberry leaves. Made as a crushable summer red, this wine is perfect slightly chilled on a hot day. Great with pizza, BBQ, gumbo, fajitas, burgers, spicy tuna ceviche, and cajun fare.
Our estate vineyard is located in the Mokelumne River AVA and is certified under Lodi Rules for Sustainable Winegrowing. We have 1.5 acres of estate Grenache for our dedicated rosé, but set a few rows aside for the Outlier. The cool nighttime breezes from the nearby Mokelumne River provides the grapes with ripe, fruity flavors and an excellent acid backbone. 2022 was a hot, compact vintage so we picked a little earlier than planned to preserve acidity and avoid over-concentrated flavors.
Hand picked in the early morning hours then promptly hand sorted. Approximately 30% of the fruit was left whole cluster at the bottom of the fermenter with the remaining 70% crushed and de-stemmed on top. Pressed on the verge of dryness, free run juice finished fermentation in tank while whole cluster pressings finished in a 500 L
puncheon. Racked only once to limit oxygen exposure and bottled early to retain freshness.
2023 Sunset International Wine Competition
Delicious fresh strawberries, decadent mascarpone and our Grenache Rosé . . . it just doesn’t get better. Recipe courtesy of David Scott Allen and featured in our May 2nd, 2021 Cook, Drink & Learn Mother’s Day episode 3.View Recipe